Monday 22 June 2009

Doggone dogs gone


On Thursday, after several phonecalls from eager dog people, the man that bred Dennis came down from Trondheim to fetch him home on the train. We met on a rainy station platform, and it was a bit sad to say goodbye to Dennis, who was such an aristocratic little gentleman. So I only had Bianca left - the neurotic little bundle of fur. Reidar's sister had changed her mind, and Bianca needs plenty of the great outdoors to run around in. This is not a picture of her, but a close resemblance. I took a couple of pictures with my phone, and can't figure out how to transfer them here. When I told her to sit, she lifted her front right paw to shake hands. Friday evening was a sad time too, she was so affectionate and trusting. On Saturday morning a man came from Valdres to fetch her. He's a hunter, and used to dachs, so she'll get to do what she's bred for, as well as being a loved member of the family. So we're happy for her. I washed the dog smell off my floors and returned the cat dishes to their corner. All three cats have come home, and after sniffing suspiciously around, have settled back in a safe dog-free home.

1 comment: