Monday 28 September 2009

Skype - wow!

I was lucky enough to borrow a laptop while I was away at rehabilitation (does that make me sound like a dried-out alcoholic in America? In Europe it's all about exercise and getting looked after in peaceful surroundings ). Anyway, I digress. The laptop was great, I could keep in touch with family and friends all over the place, and keep my brain active with plenty of solitaire. When I got home I was encouraged to keep it for a while, and eventually allowed to buy it. When I mailed Tamsin to tell her the good news, she wrote back, " Good, now you can have Skype". Yesterday evening, with telephone guidance from the ever-patient Nick, we installed it. Next thing I knew, I could see Tam and Nick, still in their sunday best - and they could see me - or us, because my excitement soon attracted Jeremy, and Reidar is magnetically attracted to any form of camera. How I wished I wasn't wearing my purple track-suit, how I wished I'd done my hair. But I'll be prepared next time. there will be silly hats, there may be fancy dress - who knows?
But how amazing is that? We can see each other while we talk. I will see my grandbaby as soon as it's born. I'm going to be at the baby-shower and can see all Tam's friends, and all the cute stuff she gets. what a difference this will make! Wow!

2 comments:

  1. "Reidar is magnetically attracted to any form of camera." Oh my goodness, that made us laugh so hard. It's funny, because it's true.

    You can't even imagine how good it was to see you both at home and out of hospital. A wonderful feeling of back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I've done this same thing with my brother, sister-in-law, nephew, and mom. It's great to be able to see them, I love modern technology! Glad you're back home and hope you get feeling 100% better!

    ReplyDelete