Wednesday 20 May 2009

A tourist'sguide to Oslo

Today Jeremy and I took the bus to Oslo to meet my cousin Mollie and her husband Roy, who are on a Baltic cruise, and were in Oslo for the afternoon. Unfortunately we arrived late because of the bus being detoured due to roadworks, and even more unfortunately it was pouring with rain. they had another couple with them, and after introductions were made we headed for the shelter of the nearest shopping centre at Aker Brygge. After a few minutes the rain stopped and we took the tram up to Frogner Park where all the Vigeland statues are. This group of little girls is my absolute favourite. No boys are allowed as the smallest girl's facial expression clearly shows. I love the way my picture has a tiny tourist fairy busy taking pictures!
Mollie brought us gifts from Cornwall, some from Roseveth. We got a large saffron cake, a pound (!) of Rodda's clotted cream, Cornish Fairing biscuits and fudge. That should do Reidar's tummy some good...

1 comment:

  1. Jealous! You should ask them if they fancy a cruise on Utah lake so I can get some clotted cream too!

    ReplyDelete